Spark Green + Yoke are seeking a Business Development Manager to help drive our next stage of growth.
We are looking for a strategic BDM with a proven track record to drive the development and realisation of our growth potential. We’re an independent agency with clear business plans and new business win targets.
With an understanding of creative, digital, and marketing services, you will be accountable for delivering a strong pipeline which provides opportunities, bid strategies and persuasive pitches to convert targeted prospects. This is a role that will suit someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, a hunger to influence our agency’s direction, and proven experience in agency sales and pitch management.
Embedded within our Senior team you will instinctively understand and anticipate clients’ needs, shape conversations, and carve opportunities for innovative, strategic professional services. You will represent the client perspective and ensure it comes into play making internally to make sure we are truly creating solutions that deliver on our client’s expectations.
The role of the BDM is to be passionate about growing our business and elevate our voice in the marketplace. Working with clients across several verticals, our goals are to grow insights-driven, brand-led strategies that may cover creative and design, digital innovation, and content strategy. Positioning our expertise and services as part of a holistic marketing offer will be a key function of this role.
Requirements and day-to-day:
- Responsible for identifying new business opportunities, gauging levels of interest, qualifying budgets and converting prospective leads into successful accounts.
- Conduct research and build business relationships with CMOs, marketing managers, entrepreneurs, CMOs and key decision-makers.
- Conduct sales presentations with prospects, understand their brand growth challenges and offer strategies to discover the right solutions.
- Work with Account Management team and discipline leaders to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Work closely with the internal stakeholders to build the sales strategies.
- Deeply understand the client’s business model, business performance, market sector and their competitors – with complete understanding of their offer, as well as what success looks like for our individual clients’ roles.
- Build strong client relationships as a trusted advisor – becoming an unparalleled business partner applying insight with honesty and openness.
- Own the RFP/proposal process ensuring you have the team to support the delivery of flawless documents that are consistent with our agency voice and positioning.
- Give clients compelling business reasons to work with us.
Experience and key skills:
- Minimum 5+ years of Business Development or Sales Experience (Digital, Product, Strategy and Brand Services)
- Highly motivated and entrepreneurial
- Must have experience in digital marketing, website projects, e-commerce, and/or management consulting.
- Proactive, organised, and responsible; proven ability to work well with a team
- Proven track record winning new business
- Experience in directly driving business growth and building relationships
- Strong creative writing and proposal development skills
- Strong pitching/presentation skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- A digital ‘native’ with knowledge of all existing and emerging digital channels
- Manage client meetings, e.g., agendas, summaries, actions
- MS Office, MS Teams, Google Drive, Keynote and basic Adobe InDesign skills
- Ability to communicate with authority along with great negotiation and influencing skills
- Knowledge of the Superannuation industry will be of benefit
You, with the support of the team, will be able to continuously improve our sales methods, and experiment with new tactics we can use. You will work closely with the MD and Executive team who will assist you with planning new projects.
The ideal candidate?
Loves identifying new business opportunities
Loves closing beneficial deals
Passionate about brand, digital, design and innovative communication
Super well organised with a systematic approach
Revel in working independently
Easily manages multiple tasks and simultaneously leads proposal processes
Enjoys engaging with a diverse group of people
Spark Green + Yoke is a multi-disciplined, brand-led communications agency. Having recently merged, it’s a very exciting time for us. We have a stable of iconic clients across arts, finance, FMCG, health and education. We’re now bringing a renewed offering to our clients with creativity, digital strategy and brand strategy working closer together than ever before. And with colleagues (right beside you) including brand strategists, digital marketers, and web devs you’ll have all the expertise nearby to help your Creative expertise grow and develop.
Please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org