Yoke is on the lookout for a talented and organised Account Manager to join our team. If you’re detail oriented, proactive and enjoy building client relationships and collaborating with a creative team, then send your CV across.
Applicants must have a minimum of 3–4+ years working in a design or branding agency. The position is a permanent role based in our Collingwood office.
Yoke is an independent brand growth practice based in Collingwood. Since 2006, we’ve helped grow brands and businesses across a range of verticals, including government, health, arts and culture and professional services. As strategic thinkers with expertise across a range of disciplines, we apply design thinking, co-creation and evidence-based approaches to projects that demand creative business growth solutions.
By becoming part of the Yoke team, you would be choosing to work with a diverse, dedicated, high-performance and proudly-small, independent office of expert strategists, entrepreneurs, technologists, brand designers, marketers and creative leaders. Our promise to you is the offer to provide you a supportive, friendly, inclusive and energised studio environment. A place where your highly intuitive client management skills are not only valued but celebrated and acknowledged with sincere gratitude. We know that Yoke’s ability to deliver successful outcomes for each and every one of our clients is the key to our growing success, therefore a shared responsibility for us all.
As a Yoke Account Manager, you are responsible for the successful, proactive project management of your portfolio of clients and projects.
Ensuring all work is on-time, on-budget, and within scope, you will be responsible for managing small projects and brands and assisting with larger projects and brands. You will be a highly active team member working with your colleagues to drive the best results for both Yoke and our clients.
You will be expected to
- Contribute to delivering the best projects possible for our clients
- Be proactive across all aspects of project management and client liaison
- Show attention to detail
- Show initiative and seek out tasks when possible
- Be a client advocate and communicate clearly at all times
- Be a positive influence within the studio.
Core responsibilities and day-to-day activities may include:
- Take briefs and discuss with the client if anything is missing or unclear
- Understand the client’s needs and business objectives, scope the project and clarify steps required to deliver final product
- Prepare estimates for design, digital or production projects
- Have your timings plans approved by your manager prior to sending to the client
- Have your estimates approved by your manager prior to sending to the client
- Write articulate internal briefs for your creative team detailing project objectives, timing, scope and hours the budget will allow
- Create return briefs (where required) to confirm the elements of a client brief
- Liaise with creative team in relation to delivery of project requirements and tracking of hours budgeted for the project
- Alert team to any problems that may arise in regard to their projects
- Problem solve any issues that may occur and collaborate with the team to work towards win-win resolutions with the client
- Proofread projects for content and style before each presentation to ensure the client’s brief is met and files are error free
- Manage general administration and practice good file management techniques
- Ensure the team knows all key dates and requirements and that deadlines are met
- Maintain a positive attitude with clients and to client requests, problem solving as required
- Look ahead to address potential problems before they become an issue
- Keep the client abreast of all timing and expected presentation, review and delivery dates
- Represent the client’s needs in the studio, ensuring that the work meets the brief
- Ensure all your project deadlines are met and negotiate for reasonable time when appropriate
Creative Thinking and Strategy
- Work with senior team members to develop brand, digital or content strategic plans
- Develop written proposals and presentations that carefully consider the strategy for meeting the client’s brief
- Ensure that the company’s creative strategy/design solutions meet the clients’ needs
- Consult with the Creative Director/Senior Designer to develop a creative rationale to sell the most innovative ideas to the client
New Business support
- Assist with preparation of large proposals/tenders
- Liaise with potential new clients to set up briefing meetings or to answer any questions they might have
- Be the keeper of all Case Study files on the server and co-ordinate development of new case studies
- Update finance spreadsheet accurately on a regular basis with all new business and project costing
- Aim to meet allocated monthly financial targets
- Frequently review project time and budget effectiveness and inform team of status where required.
- Prepare job cost reports and review estimates, timesheets, authors corrections and external costs profitability and productivity as well as accuracy for invoicing
- Track time spent on jobs to ensure project remains on budget, providing revised estimates to clients where necessary
- Follow up accurate timesheet keeping with the team for end-of-project job reconciliation
- Track client changes, enter details in Briefcase, manage and sell through all additional costs
- Raise invoices and send to clients
- Provide accurate specifications for production quotes
- Source 2–3 comparative supplier quotes
- Raise purchase orders when costs are approved by the client
- Coordinate prepress, print & other production
- Liaise with suppliers in relation to delivery of production requirements